Editor’s note: This recipe originally published on 1/7/2017 is also affectionately known as “Sandee’s Chicken and Dumplins” in honor of a dear childhood friend of mine who lost her sweet daddy to lung cancer. Enjoy this easy southern recipe on a cold, snowy day!
Snow Day Chicken ‘n Dumplins (or Sandee’s Chicken ‘n Dumplins)
3 chicken breasts
1 can low-sodium chicken broth
2 cans biscuits (original, not buttery)
- Cook 3 chicken breasts by boiling or about 45 minutes in large pot (fill slightly less than ½ full with water).
- Take chicken out and cut into small pieces and put back in pot. Add salt and paper and a can of low-sodium chicken broth.
- Take 2 cans of biscuits (original, not buttery), and put on a piece of wax paper.
- Flatten biscuits with hand about the size of a saucer and roll in flour (flour will help thicken the broth).
- Get the chicken back to a rolling boil, leave on high, and tear the biscuits apart into large pieces, about 3 dumplings per biscuit.
- By the time the last biscuit is in, they are done!
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.