Girlfriend – we’ve got your back! More great health tips.
August 1st NFD introduced you to National Girlfriends Day with some great information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Here is more great health information as a follow-up to our August 1st. post.
August 1st NFD introduced you to National Girlfriends Day with some great information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Here is more great health information as a follow-up to our August 1st. post. Let’s celebrate our girlfriends ALL month long!
We all need friends as part of a great support system. We can celebrate those friendships by helping our girlfriends stay healthy, safe, and well.
Below are some additional considerations as a follow-up to our earlier article that are important to good health – for you AND your girlfriends. Visit the Centers for Disease Control website to learn much, much more about each of these topics. There is a wealth of resources on everything from nutrition, being active, depression, suicide, birth control and sexual health, and more ALL on one page!
- Eat healthy when hanging out. Learn more about cutting calories, fruits and veggies, healthy weight, and better nutrition.
- Be active while having fun. Do you know how much activity you should get in a week? Find out! And find out ways you can be active that aren’t necessarily “exercise.”
- Help your girlfriends through hard times. Some of us deal with chronic illness, mental health issues, relationship or care-giving issues, and other life situations and circumstances that can create depression and stress. Learn more about coping here and available resources for life issues such as care-giving, domestic violence, and more.
- Help before or after pregnancy. Don’t want to get pregnant yet? Educate yourself on birth control. Talk to your girlfriends and remember that a healthcare provider’s advice is always the gold standard – but it helps to have a friend to talk with about sensitive topics. Ready to get pregnant or already are pregnant? There are some great resources for expectant moms. Share with your girlfriends who may be expecting and encourage them in their quest for healthy living.
- Empower yourself and your girlfriends to take control. If your girlfriend is not adequately taking care of herself, is being reckless, or is putting herself or others at risk, let her know that help is available. Let her know that getting professional help is needed – and is really okay.
- Don’t allow alcohol, tobacco or drugs to come between you. Learn how many drinks per day constitutes binge drinking. Did you know that 18 women die every day of drug overdoses in the U.S.? And most of us have heard the dangers of tobacco use. Help is available for those you love who may be struggling with alcohol, tobacco, or drugs.
Have we gotten your attention yet? If so, good! If you haven’t already clicked on the link to learn more, you are missing out. Check out the topics of interest to you and become educated and empowered. And share it with those gals who you love and who love you. Girlfriend, we’ve got your back!