This recipe, Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese, from Trisha Yearwood can be found in Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood: Stories and Recipes to Share with Family and Friends. This recipe serves 8.
- 8 ounces cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup (1/2 stick) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of pepper
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 (10-ounce) bricks sharp Cheddar cheese, grated (about 5 cups)
- Dash of paprika
- Spray a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray and add macaroni, evaporated milk, whole milk, butter, salt, pepper, and eggs.
- Stir in all but ½ cup of the cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese and paprika on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 3 hours 15 minutes.
Notes from Pinterest Users
- This recipe can also be cooked in a 9 X 13-inch pan coated with butter and placed in a 350 degree oven for 50 minutes.
- Many people have had success placing uncooked macaroni in the slow cooker instead of cooked.